Prof.Dr.Mansour S. Farhan
I have always been on the lookout for anything new and innovative for teaching, research or for syllabus up gradation with the motivation to give the best to the students and research fellows. I
always try my best to simplify the basic concepts of the subjects to make them reachable to the students. The very reason I have been exploring this is because of my passion to innovation and ambition to do something which arises from the problems I encountered myself during my college days. In teaching I have always tried to keep the lectures more interactive encouraging students to think differently and ask more questions. I have been a part of the
committee for framing and upgrading of the syllabus. Developed several new courses in Electrical Engineering Department, I am actively involved in framing the syllabus for M.Sc. students.
– Optical Properties of Ion-Assisted Deposited CeO2 Films, J. Vac. Sci. Technol., A9 (6) (1991) 3048.
– Influence of Substrate Temperature on the Properties of Oxygen Ion-Assisted Deposited CeO2 Films, J. Appl. Phys., 71(5) (1992) 2380.
– Influence of Substrate Temperature on the Properties of Argon
Ion-Assisted Deposited CeO2 Films, Thin Solid Films, 221 (1992) 214.
– Study the Properties of Ion-Assisted Deposited Al 2O3 films, Vacuum, 256 (1992) 324.
– Properties of Al2O3 Films Prepared by Argon Ion-Assisted
Deposition, 3rd IUMRS International Conference on Advanced Material, Japan, 1993.
– Optical Properties of Argon Ion-Assisted Deposited Al2O3 Films, Thin Solid Films, 225 (1993)116.
– Properties of Ta2O5 Thin Films Prepared by IAD, Material Research Bulletin, 48 (2013) 4206.
– Electrical and Optical Properties of ITO Films Prepared by IAD at Room Temperature, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 14(8) (2013) 1465.
– Investigation of Optical and Structural Properties of IAD ZrO2 Thin Films, International – Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 14(11) (2013) 1997
– Substrate Temperature Effect on the Properties of V2O5 Thin Films Prepared by Pulsed Laser Deposition, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 16(3) (2014) 1203
– A hybrid Control Strategy for PMSC-Based Standalone Wind Turbine with BESS.IOP Conference Service: Material Science &
Engineering, Vol. 745. 4th Scientific Conference for Engineering & Postgraduate Research 16-17 Dec. 2019, Baghdad, Iraq.
– Evaluation the Influence of Temperature, Dust & shading on Photovoltaic System Performance. IOP Conference Services: Material Science & Engineering, 765 (2020) 012015.
– The Impact of Ion-Beam Parameters on the Characteristics of
Nb2O5 Thin Films. Surface & Interfaces, Available online 24July 2020.
– A Review on Adhesion Strength of Single and Multilayer Coatings and the Evaluation Method, Journal of Wasit for Scientific Engineering, 4(1) (2016) 1.
– Book published on Review of Development in Gallium-Nitrides Semiconductors Based Technology (2018).
– Ivestigation the factors affecting the performance of PV system, International Conference for Pure Sciences (2021) .
Prof.Dr.Hasan Fahad Khazaal
Basics of Electrical Circuits Analysis, Electrical Machines, Engineering Analysis, Electromagnetic Fields, Antennas and Propagation, Wireless communications, Satellite communications.
- Wireless communications.
- Image processing.
- Signal processing.
- Communication networks.
- Educational technology.
Asst.Prof.Dr.Muayed S. AL-Huseiny
Teaching and supervision (Postgrad.):-
• Co-supervisor of PhD student at UPM, Malaysia, since academic year 2016-2017.
• Supervisor of six MSc students at Wasit University, since academic year 2018-2019.
• Artificial Intelligence: MSc course, Electrical Engineering Department, Wasit University,
since academic year 2018-2019.
• Cryptography and Information Security: MSc course, Electrical Engineering Department,
Wasit University, since academic year 2017-2018.
• Embedded Systems: MSc course, Electrical Engineering Department, Wasit University,
academic year 2017-2018.
Teaching and supervision (Undergrad.):-
• Academic supervision of last year-students’ projects (average 10 students each academic
years Starting at):- 2005, 2006, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
• Embedded Systems I and its Lab: 3rd year students, Electrical Engineering Department,
Wasit University, academic year 2018-2019.
• Embedded Systems II and its Lab: 3rd year students, Electrical Engineering Department,
Wasit University, academic year 2018-2019.
• Microprocessors and its Lab.: 3rd year students, Electrical Engineering Department, Wasit
University, academic years 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
• Computer Interface and its Lab: 4th year students, Technical Software Engineering
• Computer Architecture and its Lab.: 2nd year students, Electrical Engineering
Department, Wasit University, academic year 2013-2014.
• Advanced Operating Systems: 4th year students, Computer and Software Engineering
Department, AL-Mustansiriya University, academic year 2012-2013.
• Digital Signal Processing: 3rd year students, Computer and Software Engineering
Department, AL-Mustansiriya University, academic year 2006-2007.
• Calculus: 1st year students, Computer and Software Engineering Department, ALMustansiriya University, academic year 2005-2006.
• Demonstrator of the Artificial Intelligence Lab.: 4th year Computer and Software
Engineering Department, AL-Mustansiriya University, academic year 2004-2005.
- Computer Vision
- Machine learning
- Image processing
- IoT and Smart automation.
• Muayed S AL-Huseiny, Ahmed S Sajit: Transfer Learning with GoogLeNet for
Detection of Lung Cancer Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and
Computer Science. 2021.
• H F Kareem, Muayed S AL-Huseiny, Furat Y. Mohsen, Enam A. Khalil, Zainab S.
Hassan: Evaluation of SVM performance in the detection of lung cancer in marked
CT scan dataset. Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer
• H F Al-Yasriy, Muayed S AL-Husieny, Furat Y Mohsen, Enam A Khalil, Zainab S
Hassan: Diagnosis of Lung Cancer Based on CT Scans Using CNN. IOP Conference
Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2020
• Ali Al-Jlibawi, Mohammed Lutfi Bin Othman, Muayed S Al-Huseiny, Ishak Bin
Aris, Samsul Bahari: The efficiency of soft sensors modelling in advanced control
systems in oil refinery through the application of hybrid intelligent data mining
techniques. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2020.
• Muayed S. AL-Huseiny, Noor K Abbas, Ahmed S. Sajit: Diagnosis of Arrhythmia
Based on ECG Analysis Using CNN. Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and
• A. H. Mutar, Muayed S. AL-Huseiny: Implementation of National Cryptocurrency
Using Ethereum Development Platform. Periodicals of Engineering and Natural
Sciences, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. 2019.
• Ali Al-Jlibawi, Mohammad L. Othman, Muayed S AL-Huseiny: A Hybrid Intelligent
Sensor for Advanced Manufacturing Control Systems. In, the 8th International
Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modeling and Simulation, ISMS2018, Kuala
Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2018.
• Al-Huseiny, Muayed: An e-Learning Environment Based on the Moodle Platform for
Iraq Universities. Wasit Journal for Engineering Sciences, Wasit, Iraq, 2015.
• Al-Huseiny, Muayed: Optimal Realization of the Rijndael Algorithm on Xilinx®
Platforms. Lambert Academic Publishing, Heidelberg, Germany. 2015.
• Al-Huseiny, Muayed and Mahmoodi, Sasan: Shape registration using characteristic
functions. IET Image Processing, London, UK. 2014.
• Sasan Mahmoodi, Muayed S. Al-Huseiny, Mark S. Nixon: Similarity Registration for
Shapes Based on Signed Distance Functions. At Lecture Notes in Computer ScienceInternational Symposium on Visual Computing, Crete, Greece, 2012.
• Al-Huseiny, Muayed, Mahmoodi, Sasan and Nixon, Mark: Robust Rigid Shape
Registration Method Using a Level Set Formulation. At Lecture Notes in Computer
Science-6th International Symposium on Visual Computing, Las Vegas, USA, 2010.
• Al-Huseiny, Muayed, Mahmoodi, Sasan and Nixon, Mark: Gait Learning-Based
Regenerative Model: a Level Set Approach. In, the 20th International Conference on
Pattern Recognition, Istanbul, Turkey, 2010.
• Al-Huseiny, Muayed, Mahmoodi, Sasan and Nixon, Mark: Level Set Gait Analysis for
Synthesis and Reconstruction. At Lecture Notes in Computer Science-5th International
Symposium on Visual Computing, Las Vegas, USA, 2009.
• Al-Huseiny, Muayed, Mahmoodi, Sasan and Nixon, Mark: Gait Sequence Synthesis and
Reconstruction. At British Machine Vision Conference, London, UK. 2009.
• Muayed S. Al-Huseiny, Dhafer R. Zaghar, Siddeeq Y. Ameen: A Device Independent
High Grade Implementation of AES on Xilinx FPGAs, Engineering and Development
Journal, Al-Mustansiriya University, Vol. 9(2), 2005.
Asst.Prof.Mohammed Abdulredha Laftah
I am an Assistant Professor and a faculty member, Electrical
Engineering Department, College of Engineering, Wasit University. I obtained a Master in Electrical Engineering – Power University of Western Ontario 2012.
- Power Systems Engineering (Protection and Control of Power Systems with a focus on large HVDC-AC Grids, Renewable Energy Systems, and Microgrids; Application of Power Electronics to improve Power Quality, Power System Dynamics, and Stability).
Asst.Prof. Haider TH. Salim
Haider Th. Salim ALRikabi He is presently Asst. Prof. and one of
the faculty college of engineering, electrical engineering
department, Wasit University in Al Kut, Wasit, Iraq. He received
his B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering in 2006 from the Al
Mustansiriya University in Baghdad, Iraq. his M.Sc. degree in
Electrical Engineering focusing on Communications Systems from
California state university/Fullerton, the USA in 2014.His current
research interests include Communications systems with the mobile
generatio, Control systems, intelligent technologies, smart cities,
and Internet of Things (IOT).
– Analog Communication System (Third Class)
Electromagnetic Field (Second Class)
Digital Communication System
Fundamental of Electrical Engineering
Antenna and Propagation
Communication and Control Labs.
Dr.Manaf Kadhum Hussein
Manaf K. H. Al-Taleb received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Al-Mosul, Al-Mustansiriya University, Iraq, in 2000 and 2005 respectively, and the Ph.D. in the field of Brain Computer Interface for rehabilitation applications from the University of Glasgow, UK, in 2018. The main focus of the project was to develop medical applications (software & hardware) for spinal cord injury patients. The project was approved by National Health Service for Glasgow and Clyde ethical committee with clinical reference No. (GN15NE124). He received different funds during this project from EPSRC IAA, Inspire foundation and McDonald trust charity. He joined the academic staff of Wasit University, Kut, Iraq, in 2006. He has served in various positions including a head of the electrical engineering department at Wasit University.
- Mathematics, engineering.
- Numerical analysis.
- Digital signal processing.
Dr.Ismail Sharhan Hburi
Received the B.Eng. and M.Sc. degrees from the University of Technology, Baghdad, Iraq, in 1991 and 2007, respectively, the Ph.D. degree in wireless communication from Brunel University London, U.K., in 2017. He is currently a staff member of electrical department, College of Engineering, Wasit University, IRAQ.
- Numerical Analysis
- Digital signal processing
- Wireless Communication.
- Massive MIMO Cellular Networks.
- Wireless Sensor Networks.
Dr.Basim K. J. Al-Shammari
Dr. Basim K. J. Al-Shammari is Lecturer in the Electrical Engineering Department of College of Engineering in University of Wasit and has been awarded BEng and MSc of Communications & Electronics from University of Technology/Al-Rasheed College of Engineering & Science/Baghdad in 1991 and 2005 respectively. He awarded his PhD of Communications Engineering in 2018 from Brunel University London in London/UK.
- Advance Electronics.
- Communication Systems.
- Mobile Network Deployment.
- Wireless Software Defined Networks.
- Antenna Design.
- Internet of Things.
- Machine to Machine Communications.
- Quality of Experience Issues.
- Quality of Service in Packet Switching Networks.
- Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Beyond 5G and 6G such as C-RAN and Radio over Fiber.
Mr.Faisal Theyab Abed
Lecturer/at Wasit university/College of engineering/Electrical Engineering department, Assistant Director of Construction and Projects Previously
- power system analysis of third class
- Electrical machine of second class
- Electrical machine labs.
- MATLAB labs.
Mr.Ali Khalaf Nawar
My name is Ali Khalaf. I am an assistant lecturer in the department of electrical engineering at the University of Wasit, Iraq. I got my bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Al-Mustansiria university, Baghdad, Iraq in 2009. Then I finished my Master’s degree in electrical engineering from California State University, Fullerton in the USA in 2017. I worked for some international companies like Al-Waha petroleum co. ltd, Huawei, and humanitarian rescue organizations during the years from 2010 to 2018. I have also worked in government departments such as Wasit Water Department and Wasit Agriculture Directorate.
Computer Networks—- Fourth year
Computer Programing (C++ and Matlab)—- First year
- Signal Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
Mrs.Nisreen Khalil Abed
Year of Graduation 2006 University of Technology / Electromechanical engineering department – Electrical branch Bachelor degree.
Year of Graduation 2020 University of Wasit / Electrical engineering department –general branch Master degree.
- Engineering analysis
- Engineering drawing
- Electrical Machines lab.
Comparative Investigation Of Z- source Inverter With That Of Traditional Inverter For Single Phase System Dr. Abdul Jabbar Fathel Ali and Nisreen Khalil Abed College of Engineering, Electrical Engineering Department, Wasit University International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology
Vol. 29, No. 12s, (2020), pp. 2023-2039
I had the honor of participating with my colleagues in the Establishing of Wasit University, where I worked in the Department of Construction and Projects, and I was the head and member of many committees, including the head of the resident engineer department for one of the projects.
I worked as an academic researcher at the University of Technology and obtained a patent in the field of electrochemistry. also, I succeeded in obtaining another patent in the field of thermodynamics. I worked in the faculty of the Electrical Engineering Department at the College of Engineering at Wasit University and studied mathematics and engineering drawing. I got the opportunity to serve the community by assigning me the responsibility of managing a unit for the rehabilitation, employment, and follow-up of graduates in the College of Engineering, where I obtained an international training certificate from the IREX organization. I am also a member of the Engineers Syndicate, the Syndicate of Academics, and the Iraqi Inventors Forum.