The Department of Mechanical Engineering opened in the year 2006 and students were admitted in the academic year 2006-2007. The department aims to prepare specialized engineering cadres to meet the community’s need to actively contribute to the implementation of development and reconstruction plans projects in the country. The department awards a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering for initial studies, and postgraduate master’s studies in the field of energy generation were introduced in the 2013-2014 academic year, and then the air conditioning and freezing specialization was introduced in the 2016-2017 academic year for master’s studies as well. The department also contains many teaching staff. And engineers, technical and administrative personnel .. And the department contains (8) laboratory in various engineering specialties and meets the needs of all academic levels.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering seeks to prepare engineers specializing in the field of mechanical engineering applications who have experience in the scientific and practical aspects and are able to diagnose engineering problems and find appropriate solutions and alternatives.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering seeks to graduate engineers with different mechanical engineering specializations who have the ability to creativity and innovation in various fields of engineering work after their graduation and keep pace with the scientific and technological development taking place in the civilized world.
Preparing technical and engineering cadres in the specialization of mechanical engineering to see the most important scientific and technological developments and seek to benefit from them in community service.
Preparing advisory cadres in various mechanical engineering specialties for the purpose of enhancing interaction between the university and society by providing all engineering consultations in the field of specialization.
Holding seminars, scientific seminars and training courses within the mechanical engineering department and in the Center for Continuing Education for workers in state departments and various industrial sectors to introduce them to the most important scientific and technological developments, which contributes to raising the efficiency and ability of engineering cadres working outside the university.
Providing engineering laboratories and workshops and equipping them with the latest types of devices and laboratory supplies to provide the opportunity for students to learn about the principles and scientific engineering facts in the field of mechanical engineering and not be satisfied with the theoretical side only.
- Preparing educated engineering cadres who possess a base of information in the field of specialization that enables them to develop themselves and supply state departments and projects as well as the private sector with the required engineering cadres.
- The department works to prepare engineers in mechanical engineering majors that contribute to community service and the labor market.
- The department participates in building and rebuilding the country through the engineering competencies resulting from its outputs from the educational process
- Effectively contributing to the scientific research movement through the scientific research of the teaching professors in the department, as well as through the movement of authorship, translation and participation in scientific conferences, seminars, seminars and meetings inside and outside the country.
- Providing engineering consultations to various state departments and their projects, as well as to the private sector and its various activities.
The department 34 academic members with different academic background. For further details on the department academic staff CLICK HERE
For 2021, the number of students are 111 for first class, 53 for the second class, 41 for third class, and 63 for fourth class.
Due to the pandemic of COVID19, the mechanical engineering department double their efforts for providing the video lectures to their students and all other students who knows Arabic. These video lectures are arranged according to the classes they belong to. Please follow the link in below.
There are ten laboratories in the mechanical engineering department:-
- Strength of Materials.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Heat transfer.
- Theory of Machines.
- Air conditioning.
- Mechanical Vibrations.